The Centre for Sensors and System Integration works with small and medium enterprises to develop prototypes for a defined application. Our clients benefit from expertise in the following areas:
- Physical integration of sensors with electronics into prototype instruments, or integration of sensors into an existing system. This may involve taking an existing innovation, often a sensor technology, and developing the electronic or mechanical interface that allows outside communication and interaction with the sensor.
Embedded Systems Integration
- Circuit design, schematic layout, board layout, fabrication, assembly, and test of electronics that integrate microcontrollers with sensors and communication systems.
- Development of code for data acquisition, data communication, and graphical user interfaces.
Optics and Photonics Integration
- Design, fabrication, and alignment of optical and photonic systems including fabrication of custom lens mounts.
Electronic and Optics Test and Characterization
- Parametric characterization of system performance across environmental or system defined variables. Systems under development can be stressed to find failure points.
Advanced Material Characterization
- Destructive and non-destructive testing of coatings including metallographic characterization.