International Student Peer Mentors
The peer mentor is a student team leader who welcomes and assists international students with their academic and personal adjustment to life in Edmonton and at NAIT. Mentors provide leadership and support to all international and newcomer students. Mentors coordinate events and serve as leaders for new incoming students while they transition to life at NAIT.
Peer mentor responsibilities include
- greeting and assisting international students upon their arrival to Canada
- running activities developed for International and Newcomer Student Orientation days
- working as a team to plan and lead on-campus and off-campus activities for the International Centre
- actively participating in social media interactions with international students
- helping international students adjust to life at NAIT
- informing the International Centre staff of major activities, inquiries and emerging international students' needs.
Our peer mentors look forward to welcoming and guiding you on your new journey as an international student at NAIT. Contact us with any questions at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.