Student loan and grant funding is remitted directly to apprentices. Apprentices must make payment in full to NAIT at the time of registration regardless of their student loan or grant status. For more information, please contact us.
Degree, Diploma and Certificate Students
If you're applying for full-time funding through Alberta Student Aid:
NAIT will begin to confirm registration with Alberta Student Aid 30 days before your program start date. The confirmation of registration process will create a Sponsorship Code for your NAIT account. You should be able to view Sponsorship Code via your myNAIT portal 2 business days before the tuition payment deadline of each term.
To view the Sponsorship Code on your account
- Login to your MyNAIT Portal.
- Under My Accounts, select Fees & Payments.
- Select Holds & Funding. Sponsorship Code should appear under the category "Items".
- Click on Sponsorship Code, and confirm the following information:
- Start Term: You should see the upcoming term (for example: Fall 2017).
- Reason: You should see “Student Loan Funding”
- Amount: The amount listed is the amount that NAIT will be receiving from Alberta Student Aid to pay for your tuition and fees. This amount should match the amount you currently owe for the term.
If all the information above is correct and all of your fees are covered by the amount listed in your Sponsorship Code, you don’t need to do anything else. DO NOT PAY. Any refunds for overpayment will take 6 to 8 weeks after NAIT has received your student loan payments.
If you do not see a Sponsorship Code 2 business days before the tuition payment deadline or if you have any questions about the information in your Sponsorship Code, please contact us.
If you're applying for part-time funding through Alberta Student Aid
If your Alberta Student Aid application has been approved and you would like to use your student loan to pay for your tuition, please visit us in-person or contact us by phone before the tuition payment deadline so we can verify your loan and place a Sponsorship Code on your account.
If you plan to pay for your tuition with your own funds and have the loan amount sent to you directly, please bring in your loan certificate once you have received it from Alberta Student Aid so we can confirm your registration.
If you're aplying for funding through Out-of-Province Student Aid
Once your funding application has been approved, please submit your funding approval letter to NAIT before the tuition payment deadline in one of the following ways
- Bring a copy to the Student Service Centre on Main Campus
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org, including your NAIT student ID number. (Please note: It may take up to 10 business days to process requests submitted via email during peak periods such as August and December.)
Open Studies Students
Once your funding application has been approved, please visit us in-person or contact us by phone before the tuition payment deadline so we can verify your funding and place a Sponsorship Code on your account. Once the Sponsorship Code has been placed on your account, you can enrol in your courses.
Continuing Education Students
Continuing Education courses are not eligible for student loans funding.