Find the Leader Within
Leadership is almost entirely about managing people. Having an entrepreneurial mindset, creativity and drive does not always equal success. To be successful, entrepreneurs must also be strong leaders in the workplace and community.
The Mawji Centre is committed to building exceptionally strong leaders by providing you an opportunity to develop your skills. We focus on developing strong leadership skills so future leaders like you can realize your full potential. The Becoming a Leader program is an extra-curricular program that will help you develop as a leader, stand out from your peers, and make a difference at NAIT and in the community.
The program is for you, if you want to:
- be an aspiring, committed and self-confident leader and entrepreneur
- set yourself apart from others, personally and professionally
- enhance your employability and entrepreneurial skills
- learn how to set goals and priorities
- make a difference at NAIT and in the community
The program kicks off with a full-day leadership bootcamp on October 27 and runs until early April. The morning session will take place in the NAIT gym and is light-activity based. We will focus on leadership, teamwork and communication skills development. After we serve you lunch, the afternoon session will be in a classroom and led by a certified personal coach.
Following the leadership bootcamp, there will be monthly 2 hour workshops held on Wednesday evenings from 6 - 8 p.m. to further develop and hone your leadership toolkit. In addition, participants are expected to complete a minimum of 20 hours of volunteer work with 6 -10 of those being on NAIT campus.
Assignments, Project Leadership and Volunteering
Your participation in the program will focus on the following categories:
- personal development
- NAIT campus participation
- community involvement
- leadership skill
Schedule and Outline
You must be available to attend the bootcamp and all workshops as material will be cumulative in nature.
- Bootcamp October 27, 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.. Come dressed for light physical activity. There will be time to freshen up and change before lunch.
- Becoming a Leader workshops will take place November 21, January 16, February 13, March 13 and April 3rd from 6 - 8 p.m.
To sign up for the program, please email email@example.com