On the Day of Your Assessment
When you arrive for your assessment, please have valid, government-issued photo ID ready for sign-in. We will walk you through your assessment details before accompanying you to lock up your personal belongings.
Allow yourself ample time to arrive to your assessment booking on time. Students often experience traffic delays en route to NAIT's Main Campus.
- View visitor parking information, including lot locations and applicable rates.
- View a map of our campus.
What to Bring and Prohibited Materials
The following items are required on the day of your assessment
- Piece of valid, government-issued photo ID
- NAIT login information (if your exam is hosted online)
*A locker will be provided at the time of your assessment. However, NAIT is not responsible for any lost or stolen items, so please leave all valuables at home.
The following items are not allowed in the Assessment Centre
- Food (unless required for medical reasons)
- Beverages in disposable to-go style paper, waxed paper, Styrofoam or plastic cups.
- Non-religious headgear, including toques and hats
- Electronic devices, including cameras, cell phones, watches, tablets, music players, fitness trackers, pagers, personal digital assistants, voice recorders, data storage devices, etc.
- Loose paper, receipts inside of wallets, business cards, etc.
- Though permitted, all pencil cases and calculators will be inspected prior to you bringing them into the Assessment Centre
Canadian Passport Photo Information (RECA and AMBA exams only)
The Real Estate Council of Alberta and Alberta Mortgage Brokers Association require you provide a passport photo for each of their exams. Canadian passport guidelines specify that your passport photo meets the following criteria.
- The Canadian passport photo must be taken no more than 6 months prior to the exam date, and must follow the Canadian Passport Office standards
- The back of each passport photo must have your name, the name and address of the photographer or studio, and the date the photo was taken
You will need 1 passport photo for each exam you write.
Because it is possible that other examinations may be taking place at the same time as yours, it is important to notify the proctor if at any time, you are being distracted by another candidate. Please also let your proctor know if you have any concerns regarding assessment conditions.