Student Rights & Responsibilities
NAIT is committed to providing a learning environment that supports respect and safety within our community. Anyone who has applied to, been admitted to or has enrolled in a NAIT course or program is accountable to the NAIT Student Rights and Responsibilities policy.
- See the NAIT Student Rights and Responsibilities Policy (pdf)
- See the NAIT Academic Regulations and Procedures (pdf)
If you are involved in or observe a situation that you feel violates the NAIT Student Rights and Responsibilities Policy, you have the following options available to you.
The NAIT Ombudsperson offers confidential, unbiased support if you are dealing with a conflict or situation at NAIT.
Contact the Ombudsperson as soon as possible if you
- feel you have been treated unfairly
- are unsure of your options
- are having difficulty with your program or a staff member at NAIT
- want help understanding how NAIT’s policies and procedures apply to you
If you are a current NAIT student, please visit the Ombudsperson pages on the MyNAIT Portal (login required) for more information. Otherwise, please send us an email.
Student Resolution Office
The Student Resolution Office is your primary resource for anything related to your rights and responsibilities as a student. Our office provides members of the NAIT community with guidance and management of conflict and conduct cases.
Contact the Student Resolution Office as soon as possible if you
- feel your student rights have been violated
- feel someone has not upheld their responsibilities
What we do
Our processes are grounded in fairness, learning and student success. We seek collaborative resolutions that ensure students and staff are heard, treated with respect and held accountable for their actions.
The Student Resolution Office provides
- conflict resolution services
- coaching and support to help you navigate conflict on your own
- formal complaint support and guidance
- educational resources and support programs
Please email the Student Resolution Office or call 780.491.5468 for more information.