Yield: 32 fl. Oz / 960 ml
|120 g||Black mustard seeds|
|120 g||Yellow mustard seeds|
|375 ml||Malt vinegar|
|120 g||Dry mustard|
|13 g||All-purpose flour|
|90 g||Dark brown sugar|
|2.5 ml||Ground black pepper|
- In a stainless steel bowl, combine the mustard seeds with 250 ml of the malt vinegar and 125 ml of the Guinness. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Combine the remaining 125 ml vinegar, the remaining 375 ml beer, dry mustard powder, flour, honey, sugar, salt, pepper, turmeric, cayenne and cloves in sauce pan and bring to a simmer.
- Add the soaked mustard seeds and liquid, return to a simmer for 5 min.
- Transfer to a blender and process until combined. DO NOT over process, there should still be seeds visible.
- Transfer to clean glass or plastic containers, seal well and refrigerate for up to one year.