Creamy Tomato Soup
|150 g||Bacon, finely chopped|
|1||Onion, medium dice|
|1||Carrot, medium dice|
|1||Celery stalk, medium dice|
|4||Garlic cloves, minced|
|750 ml||Tomatoes, canned|
|250 ml||Cream, hot|
|TT||Salt and pepper|
- Heat a large heavy bottom saucepot. Add bacon and cook until crisp. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside to use as garnish for the soup.
- Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic to the pan and sweat until soft and onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes, crushing with the back of the spoon.
- Add Velouté. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Work in batches to blend soup (or use an immersion blender).
- Return to low heat and whisk in cream.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.