Where it Can Take You
As an AVA graduate, you will be prepared to write the Chartered Professional Accountants’ (CPA) Advanced Certificate in Accounting and Finance (ACAF) national certification exam. You will have a strong accounting foundation, the ability to communicate, problem solve and use software applications common to careers in accounting. Our focus is on analysis and interpretation of financial information to make sound financial, control, and ethical decisions.
Opportunities may exist for students in these key areas:
- accounting and payroll
- audit and assurance support
- general accounting reconciliation
- financial statement preparation
- presentation and analysis
- cost accounting and budgeting
Graduate Information & Opportunities
Continuing your studies
The course credits obtained in this post-diploma certificate program can be applied to the CPA Certificate in Accounting and Finance (ACAF) as well as a number of business degrees in Alberta, including the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) – Accounting emphasis at NAIT.
- Please note: Post-secondary articulation agreements within Alberta are approved by the Alberta Council on Admissions and Transfer (ACAT). To view the details of specific agreements, please visit transferalberta.ca or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions regarding transfer agreements or to obtain a course description/outline that is no longer available on our website, please contact email@example.com