New in 2019 - NAIT’s 150km Club is on the move!
Did you know it is recommended that adults aged 18-64 accumulate at least 150 minutes of moderate-to-vigorous-intensity aerobic physical activity per week? Regular physical activity can help improve your overall physical and mental well-being, and the 150km Club is here to help NAIT students and staff achieve their 150 minutes of physical activity each week.
What is the 150km Club?
The 150km Club is about moving your body more often – it’s as simple as that. That means participants can choose to walk, play basketball, go for a swim, skate on a pond – whatever gets them moving. The first 150 people to track 150km of movement will receive a limited edition 150km Club Member t-shirt and have their name added to our Celebration Wall outside O-117. But you can’t stop there because there is still a chance to win more prizes if you can get to 300km and/or 500km.
What is the objective of the 150km Club?
The goals of this self-directed club are:
- To get NAIT students and staff to move more often
- To increase awareness of the physical and mental benefits of exercise
- To share information about Campus Recreation programs and services available to NAIT students and staff
When does it start and who can participate?
The 150km Club will run February 6 to April 26, 2019. It is open to all current NAIT students and staff.
- Register now!
- Download the 150km Club Log Sheet (.xls)
- Not a traditional distance activity? Check out the Activity Conversion Chart (.xls)