Upon completion of the intra-oral courses you are required to become a member of the national, provincial and local associations. From there, you are eligible to write the National Dental Assisting Examining Board (NDAEB) exam. You are required to register with the licensing body in your province. For more details on this, contact the program directly.
The following prerequisites are applicable for all courses in this program:
- completion of Dental Assisting Distance Delivery Program or other accredited program
- eligible for provincial registration
- current First Aid/CPR-Level C Certificate is strongly recommended
- fluency in written and spoken English is essential for student success
- you are required to provide listed supplies and act as patients for fellow students where applicable
Documentation for these prerequisites must accompany all applications.
See individual course descriptions for additional prerequisites.
Registration for all dental assisting courses is managed directly through the Continuing Education - Dental Health Sciences office. Please call or email directly.
Application and fees must be received no later than 14 days prior to start dates. This ensures sufficient time for registration and pre-study of course theory.
An excellent oral health employment market results in job opportunities for you in a variety of settings, including general dentistry or specialty practices, dental sales, dental insurance, dental education facilities, hospitals, community health care centers or dental educational institutes. Duties can range from chairside assisting to office management.
|IDX51||Applied Dental Radiography|