NAIT Financial Aid
Financial aid at NAIT consists of loans and grants. The process of applying for financial aid can be confusing, but we have made it easy by providing you with a "one-stop shop" for information and applications. Menu items on the left side of the pages can be used to explore the financial resources that are available to you as a full-time, part-time, or apprenticeship student at NAIT.
For information regarding Post-Secondary Program Costs and/or Credit Loads for student funding purposes:
2015/16 Financial Aid Updates
- Sponsorship codes for approved Full Time funded students can be added to an account no earlier than 30 days prior to school starting.
· If you have been approved for Alberta Student Aid, please visit your MyNAIT Portal after August 10th to confirm that a sponsorship flag for the Fall 2015 term has been placed on your account. To find the flag on your MyNAIT Portal, please login through www.nait.ca/MyNait and clicking on: My Account > Fees & Payments > Holds & Funding. If your account has not been flagged, please contact NAIT Financial Aid by phone at 780-471-6248 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
· If you have been recommended for Alberta Works funding by a NAIT Financial Aid Specialists confirm that a sponsorship flag for the Fall 2015 term has been placed on your account. To find the flag on your MyNAIT Portal, please login through www.nait.ca/MyNait and clicking on: My Account >Fees & Payments > Holds & Funding. If your account has not been flagged, please contact NAIT Financial Aid by phone at 780-471-6248 or email email@example.com.
· If you have received Third Party Sponsorship all documentation (the authorization letter or purchase order) must be submitted to NAIT’s Cash Office prior to the tuition deadline of August 12th, 2015
· If you are an Out of Province Sponsored Students (loan or grant funded) you must provide proof of sponsorship to the Office of the Registrar (O115, Main Campus). You can submit it in the drop box, fax 780-491-3026, or email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org prior the tuition deadline of August 12th, 2015.
- The 2015/16 Student Aid Alberta online application for full-time studies beginning August 1, 2015 is now available PLEASE NOTE: Student Aid Alberta full-time paper applications are not available to NAIT. Students who are unable to apply online are required to call the Student Aid Alberta Service Centre at 1-855-606-2096 to request a PDF version of the application.
- Alberta Works funding - Alberta Works funding for the Fall 2015 term has been depleted for full-time and part-time ESL, Academic Upgrading and Pre-Employment Auto Body and Pre-Employment Automotive. If you would like to explore Alberta Works funding for Winter 2016, you must submit a NAIT Alberta Works Assessment form on or after October 19, 2015 . Once the assessment has been reviewed you will be contacted via email advising you of your next steps. Please Note - Alberta Works Skills Investment funding is limited, provided on a first come, first served basis and each eligible program has a limited number of seats. Funding must be approved prior to training start date therefore so Students must apply early with complete documentation or they will not be considered.
The Financial Aid Team is available for drop ins to assist you with your funding options Monday to Friday from 9am to 3pm. We are located at:
Registrar's Office, South Lobby, Room O115, Main Campus
11762 - 106 Street, Edmonton, AB T5G 2R1
You can also contact us by email: email@example.com or phone: 780.471.6248.