Important Note: Full-Time and Part-Time Alberta Works funding for Winter 2016 has been depleted. If you would like to explore Alberta Works funding for Spring 2016, you must submit a NAIT Alberta Works Assessment form on or after February 1, 2016.
Any student who wishes to receive Alberta Works Full Time Income Support for Learners needs to complete an assessment required by Alberta Human Services as eligibility is determined by their criteria. While attending a Human Services (Alberta Works) approved training program, individuals may be eligible for a contribution toward their tuition, books, living cost and childcare as well as eligible to receive health benefits. The amount of income support is determined by a financial needs assessment.
The Application Process
The following programs are eligible for Alberta Works funding:
1. Are you eligible?
If you answer yes to the following questions, you may be eligible.
- Planning to attend English as a Second Language (ESL) or Academic Upgrading and
- 18 years old or older or have a spouse who is 18 years old or older and
- Out of high school for 12 months before the start of the program and
- A resident of Alberta (Permanent Resident, Conventional Refugee or Canadian Citizen)
2. Submit the paperwork.
- Complete the “NAIT Alberta Works Assessment” form and save it to your computer.
- Save the form using your legal last name followed by your first name (example Doe, Jane.xls).
- Once completed, email the document to NAIT Financial Aid at email@example.com.
- Once it is received, the assessment will be reviewed and if basic eligibility is met, you will be contacted within 2 business days to book an appointment for an Employability Assessment with a specialist.
Please note: Appointments will not be given until all paperwork listed above is complete.
If you do not qualify for the grant, you will be informed through email and alternate options for funding can be discussed.