Students attending NAIT may be eligible for financial aid in the form of Provincial Student Loans and/or Canada Student Loans. Since each province administers both loan programs, you will only have to fill out one application.
Some of the benefits of a student loan include:
- Quick application results - if you apply online you may see estimated results immediately
- Interest-free status for eligible continuing students
- Automatic consideration for grants when you apply
- Grants available for students with permanent disabilities
- Attractive interest rates when you enter student loan repayment
- Repayment assistance for students having difficulty repaying loans
To be eligible for a student loan you must:
- Meet the Residency requirement for the funding authority
- Prove financial need
- Be enrolled as a full-time student in a designated program as outlined in the Post-Secondary Program and Cost Estimate
- Meet credit criteria as determined by loan provider
For detailed information on eligibility, visit your Provincial funding authority site.
Students with permanent disabilities
Students with a documented permanent disability may be eligible to study at a reduced course load, and be qualified for full-time financial assistance. They must have Schedule 4 of the student loan application completed by Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) at NAIT.