Students attending NAIT may be eligible for financial aid in the form of Alberta Student Loans and Canada Student Loans. Since Student Aid Alberta administers both loan programs, you will only have to fill out one application (apply now online). Students who are residents of provinces other than Alberta must apply for provincial and federal loans from their province of residence.
Some of the benefits of a student loan include:
- Quick application results - if you apply online you may see estimated results immediately
- Interest-free status on students loans while you are in full-time studies
- Automatic consideration for grants when you apply
- Grants available for students with permanent disabilities
- Attractive interest rates when you enter student loan repayment
- Repayment of a portion of your Alberta Student Loan by the Alberta government for qualifying students
- Repayment assistance for students having difficulty repaying loans
To be eligible for an Alberta student loan you must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or have permanent resident status to apply
- Be a resident of Alberta
- Prove financial need
- Be enrolled as a full-time student (60% course load) in a designated program as deemed by NAIT
- Maintain passing grades
- Pass a credit check
For detailed information on eligibility, visit Student Aid Alberta.
Students with permanent disabilities
Students with a documented permanent disability may study at a 40% or greater course load, and be qualified for full-time financial assistance. They must have Schedule 4 of the student loan application completed by Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) at NAIT.