Application Process1. Select your province/territory of residence to access the correct student loan application form.
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland & Labrador
- Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
2. Use the NAIT school code on your application.
Federal: BVAI (Out-of-province students, please use this on your government funding application).
Provincial: 2221 (Alberta students, please use this on your government funding application).
3. Gather information
You will need to provide:
- School costs and period of studies (see Fees and Expenses)
- Provincial Student Number
- Social Insurance Number
- Line 150 of last year’s income tax
- Parents’ income information (dependent students only)
- Online applicants who have cashed a loan before must have a previous loan certificate number and loan amount. If you did not keep a copy of your certificate(s), contact the National Student Loan Service Centre for this information.
- When available, applying online may decrease processing times
*NOTE: You do not have to wait to be accepted to your program to submit your funding request.*
5. Ensure your application is completed correctly.
It is important that you complete the funding application correctly. Applications with missing or incorrect information are subject to delays or denial. You can also contact the NAIT Financial Aid Office if you need additional help with your application.