Preparing a Career Investigation Report
A Career Investigation Report is a form that you fill out with information that will convince the Admissions Committee that you are serious about your application to one of NAIT’s competitive full-time programs. The information you provide in the report should demonstrate to NAIT that you have a good understanding of your chosen program and career, and that you are a qualified applicant.
Some full-time programs require the report as part of the application. To find out if your program requires a Career Investigation Report, check the Non-Academic Requirements on the relevant About the Program page or call your program directly.
If you are applying to one of the following programs, you must use their program-specific report.
- Bachelor of Applied Information Systems Technology (pdf)
- Emergency Medical Technician (pdf)
- Emergency Medical Technology - Paramedic (pdf)
- Photographic Technology (pdf)
For all other programs, use the standard report.
Steps to Filling Out a Career Investigation Report
Remember to start the application process early as it can take some time to adequately prepare an effective career investigation.
- Save the pdf to your computer before filling it out.
- Conduct interviews with people who are already working in your field of interest. These interviews will help you properly fill out your report.
- Basic interview questions are included in the reports, but you should personalize them and be sure to ask questions that you are personally curious about.
- Keep good notes – it will make it easier when you fill out your report later.
- Check with your program to see how many people you need to interview.
- If you need help finding someone to interview, search for employers online and contact their HR departments, or ask your program of interest for help.
- Keep track of the websites you visit and other resources you use.
- Fill out your report.
- Review your responses for clarity, grammar and spelling.
- Upload your completed and saved copy of the report to your MyNAIT Portal (login required).
- If you don't have a MyNAIT account, you can sign up for one now.