Programs in NAIT’s School of Sustainable Building and Environmental Management (SSBEM) prepare learners for in-demand, technical careers in the building science, natural resource, environmental management and design industries.
Our facilities include computer and technology-based labs, field labs, drafting studios and a number of centres including NAIT’s Centre for Chemical Studies, the Cenovus Centre for Power Engineering, the BP-Canada Water and Wastewater Lab (located in Calgary), and the new NAIT Centre for Sustainable Energy Technology. These specialized facilities provide our students with practical, job-ready experience using a variety of modern laboratory and field instruments, simulation and computer applications, along with work integrated learning, field trips, applied research and other opportunities.
Our graduates acquire the skills to ensure that resources are used in an optimal way, ensuring their availability for future generations. Their knowledge and technical expertise also allows them to engage in resource management activities without compromising the integrity or sustainability of the ecosystems in which they work.
Leading the way to a sustainable world
We care. We listen. We inspire … one learner at a time.
The following values demonstrate responsible stewardship to ourselves, our learners and our colleagues:
- Academic: we ensure learners have the relevant skills to meet the needs of industry and employers.
- Adaptability: we are flexible in thought and action to succeed in a continuously changing academic environment.
- Collaboration: we have active conversations resulting in a commitment to share resources and responsibilities that support common goals.
- Creativity: we challenge the status quo and pursue innovative solutions.
- Diversity: we appreciate the capabilities, insights and ideas of others.
- Integrity: we build trust by demonstrating consistent values and beliefs.