NAIT Women in Technology and Trades
Statistics show that every year, an increasing number of young women pursue post-secondary education. However, they often choose to study in a relatively narrow range of fields. As a result, women are still under-represented in a wide variety of rewarding, challenging careers - careers based on trades, science and technology.
The goal of NAIT's Women in Technology and Trades initiative is to ensure that all prospective female students are aware of the excellent career opportunities and bright futures that await them in diverse technical fields. Women in Technology and Trades holds a number of events throughout the year to help prepare women and help in their personal and professional development.
Close alignment with business and industry is critical for this initiative to be successful. To that end, NAIT has established the Women in Technology and Trades Advisory Committee to act as a guiding body that provides insight, support and direction for this important initiative.
What do women want in a career?
- to make a difference
- to contribute to the community
- to do work that is interesting, challenging and rewarding
- to be valued as a professional among their colleagues
- to earn a competitive salary
All of these goals can be attained with careers based in trades and technology. Exactly the kinds of careers that start with a NAIT education.
What can students expect at NAIT?
NAIT has a global reputation as a leader in education geared for the real world. Students benefit from:
- theory combined with hands-on, practical skills
- small classes and personal attention
- leading-edge technology for industry-relevant learning
- services and supports for student success
- a wide range of scholarships and bursaries
- a support system for women
Confident, prepared and in demand, NAIT graduates are essential to the workforce.