Program Model / Completion Requirements
To participate in CULG901 Food Safety, the following is required:
- Minimum literacy level
- English Proficiency – English is the language of instruction at NAIT. Students need an adequate level of English Language Proficiency to successfully complete this course. Proof of English Proficiency is not required upon registration. However, if English is not your first language and you have questions prior to registration, feel free to contact our office.
- Practical experience with computers
- Access to a Computer
- Reliable Internet connection with compatible browser - Google Chrome is recommended
- Printer not required but highly recommended
Students who achieve 70% or greater on the Provincial Examination receive a Wallet Card Certification that is recognized by the Alberta Health - Health Protection Branch. Test result records are considered personal information, and will be managed in adherance to FOIP standards.
This course is delivered online. There is however a paper based, closed book, supervised exam that is required at the end of the course to receive your Wallet Card Certification from NAIT. Students from outside the Edmonton area may undertake exams under the supervision of an approved invigilator. Examples of exam supervisors are as follows:
- Post-secondary or adult education testing centre personnel
- High school principal or teacher
- Exam supervisor at an adult education center
- Public librarian
It is the responsibility of the student to arrange for exam supervision. NAIT does not make any remuneration to the exam supervisor. The exam will be sent to the exam supervisor approximately one week before the exam date.
Completing food safety courses will compliment any training that involves food preparation or production. Many establishments require this course prior to starting employment in the food services industry.