Alumni recognized for accomplishments and leadership
Business leaders Mark McNeill and Chris Gabrielson, as well as biologist Jessica Reilly, are the recipients of NAIT’s 2016 alumni awards, which recognize the accomplishment of graduates who have contributed to the institute or community.
• McNeill (Marketing ’82) is the president and CEO of Edmonton-based The Stream-Flo Group of Companies, which manufacture and distribute products and provide installation and maintenance services to the oil and gas sector. Stream-Flo employs 1,200 people and serves clients in 65 countries.
• Gabrielson (Petroleum Engineering Technology ’06) is the owner and operator of Ka-Blam Consulting Inc., a Calgary-based oil industry consulting company. The company also delivers classroom instruction and conducts oilfield equipment tours.
• Reilly (Biological Sciences Technology ’05) is a fisheries biologist with the Government of Alberta, responsible for the design and delivery of regional fisheries management programs. She is the provincial species lead for bull trout, developing a recovery plan for the species, and provides mentorship to NAIT students.
• The Alumni Award of Distinction has been awarded annually since 1997. This is NAIT’s most prestigious award given to alumni. Recipients are recognized for their truly outstanding professional accomplishments.
• The Spirit of NAIT Alumni Award was first awarded in 2005. It is awarded to alumni who have made exceptional advances or achievements in their career within 12 years of graduation.
Dr. Glenn Feltham, NAIT president and CEO
“This year’s recipients are making an incredible impact on our province and communities. From starting businesses to expanding businesses and helping to preserve and maintain native fish species, each award winner is making an amazing contribution. They truly showcase how polytechnic education is making a difference in Alberta.”
Mark McNeill, Alumni Award of Distinction
“NAIT adds such a high level of value to our society due to its practical and relevant training that allows graduates to quickly integrate into the workforce. I am very proud to be a strong and active employer of NAIT graduates. To date, NAIT alumni make up approximately 30 per cent of our workforce, from Machinists to graduates of the Construction Engineering Technology and Business programs.
Jessica Reilly, Spirt of NAIT Alumni Award
“NAIT provided me with a really good technical background which helped set me on my career path. It was also the beginning of my professional network. I keep in contact with NAIT instructors and continue to enjoy working with NAIT students and giving back. Being nominated for this award was a surprise, and I’m honoured to be recognized.”
Chris Gabrielson, Spirit of NAIT Alumni Award
"I’m very grateful to be a recipient of this award. Without a doubt, NAIT played a significant role providing me the tools and traits I needed to make Ka-Blam Consulting Inc. a successful business. In addition, personally speaking, NAIT provided me a learning platform where I realized my full potential as a human being.”
The Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT) is a leading Canadian polytechnic, delivering education in science, technology and the environment; business; health and trades. With nearly 60,000 credit and non-credit students and a 95 per cent employer satisfaction rate, NAIT grads are essential to Alberta’s prosperity. Known for hands-on, technology-based learning, NAIT engages with business and industry in applied research and innovation and provides corporate training around the world. Recognized as one of Alberta’s top employers, NAIT provides outstanding returns on investment for its graduates, partners, the provincial government and the people of Alberta.