Cisco contribution supports CAT and student-focused initiatives
A contribution of up to $1 million from Cisco Canada will benefit NAIT students and staff, while helping the polytechnic continue to grow to meet the needs of Alberta. The contribution will be used to fund the Centre for Applied Technology (CAT), acquire new technology and support new student-focused initiatives.
Specifically, the contribution has been earmarked for the following areas:
- Essential: The NAIT Campaign, which supports student success, applied research, and the construction of the Centre for Applied Technology, the largest capital project in NAIT’s history.
- New equipment for the Bachelor of Applied Information Systems Technology and Network Engineering Technology programs.
- A new Cisco Systems Canada Speaker Series for students in the Bachelor of Technology in Construction Management, Architectural Technology, Construction Engineering Technology, Landscape Architectural Technology, Alternative Energy Technology, and Information Technology programs. The speaker series will focus on the application of smart building technologies.
- The establishment of the Cisco Systems Canada Architectural Design Competition for Smart Buildings, open to students in the Architectural Technology, Alternative Energy Technology, and Information Technology programs.
- The launch of the Cisco Visiting Sabbatical for faculty in the School of Applied Sciences and Technology. The sabbatical will support the placement of a NAIT instructor with an interest in smart building technologies at a workplace well known for being an international leader in the field.
Essential: The NAIT Campaign is the largest fundraising initiative in the polytechnic’s history. Launched in 2014, the goal is to raise $100 million by 2018. To date, more than $90 million has been raised.
Dr. Glenn Feltham, NAIT president and CEO
“This is an incredible gift that will have a lasting impact on our students and instructors. This support from Cisco will provide students with new opportunities through the design competition and ensure our instructors have the very latest knowledge of emerging technologies.”
Bernadette Wightman, Cisco Canada president
“Cisco is pleased to continue its long-standing relationship with NAIT and help support the development of innovative post-secondary and continuing education opportunities for students in Alberta. Providing students with educational experiences that not only prepare them for changing career requirements, but also inspire them is critical to fostering innovation in fields that will rely on new ideas to solve challenging issues.”
Essential: The NAIT Campaign
The Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT) is a leading Canadian polytechnic, delivering education in science, technology and the environment; business; health and trades. With nearly 60,000 credit and non-credit students and a 95 per cent employer satisfaction rate, NAIT grads are essential to Alberta’s prosperity. Known for hands-on, technology-based learning, NAIT engages with business and industry in applied research and innovation and provides corporate training around the world. Recognized as one of Alberta’s top employers, NAIT provides outstanding returns on investment for its graduates, partners, the provincial government and the people of Alberta.
NAIT Media Relations
P 780.471.8450 C 780.916.8307 E email@example.com