Program Model / Completion Requirements
Courses aren’t mandatory but are strongly recommended by the CCFCC. The minimum grade for completion is 70%. There is an exam at the end of each course to ensure students have an understanding of the key learnings.
You must successfully complete the theoretical exam and the Black Box practical exam to achieve the Certified Chef de Cuisine designation. The black box practical exam is completed over two-days and includes execution of a six course menu for four covers to display your working knowledge of the mandatory skills. You must pass the theory portion of the exam to move on to the practical portion. These exams are both taken at NAIT. The minimum grade for completion is 70%. For more information visit www.ccfcc.ca.
Upon successful completion of the CCFCC exam you will receive a Certified Chef de Cuisine Certificate.
To achieve your CCC designation there are specific steps to follow.
- Apply to local CCFCC branch
- Fulfill entrance requirements
- Complete all four theory courses
- Fulfill the application requirements to take the CCFCC exam
- Complete the theoretical and practical portions of the CCFCC exam
Courses are delivered online so students can choose to organize their learning schedules around other commitments. The initial orientation is offered in person but is not mandatory if the student is from out of town. The exams are administered in person on the NAIT campus.
Before being able to take the CCC program and CCFCC exam, you will be required to submit proof of the following to the Local Edmonton CCFC branch :
- Your Red Seal Certification, plus five years work experience post Red Seal Certification.
- A minimum of two years as an employee supervisor, working on the management team in kitchen.
- A Food Handlers Certificate (ie. Advanced Food Safe, Section 43 Certificate, Serve Safe).
- Current membership in the Canadian Culinary Federation. If you are not a member you are required to pay an additional registration fee to the CCFCC. Membership is not required if you wish to take individual NAIT CCC modules / courses.
- Your current resume
Note: Should you possess International Certification Papers equivalent to the Red Seal Certification you will be processed and adjudicated on a case by case basis.
CCC Main Orientation
Orientations are completed at the start of the program terms to ensure students have the information they need to successfully complete the program.