International students are an important and vital part of the NAIT community.
- You are considered to be an international applicant if you are not a citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- The number of seats available to international students is limited, and they are encouraged to apply early to increase a chance of success.
International Applicants for Degree, Diploma and Certificate Programs
- To learn all the steps you need to take when you are submitting an application, click here.
International applicants are encouraged to submit a complete application by the following dates:
- Fall term start: May 1
- Winter term start: September 1
- Spring term start: January1
After these dates, the Office of the Registrar reserves the right to prioritize admittance for applicants who hold a valid study permit.
Bridging Programs for International Students
- Bridging Programs for International Students (pdf)
- English as a Second Language
- Academic Upgrading
- Business Administration with English Language Training
NAIT International has created two new scholarship opportunities specifically for International students
The first is an International Scholarship tied to Program of Study. This scholarship is available to NAIT international students currently enrolled in year 2, 3 or 4 of a credit program, and who have demonstrated academic achievement. Applicants must hold a minimum GPA of 2.7. There are 4 scholarships available annually in the amount of $2500. One scholarship will be awarded per School. The scholarships are listed under the following names:
International Applied Sciences Scholarship
International Business Scholarship
International Health and Life Sciences Scholarship
International Skilled Trades Scholarship
The second is the International Community Builder Scholarship. This scholarship is available to NAIT international students currently enrolled in year 2, 3 or 4 of a credit program, and who have demonstrated involvement in the campus community, such as involvement in campus clubs, as a volunteer or peer mentor, etc. Applicants must hold a minimum GPA of 2.0. There are 4 scholarships available annually in the amount of $2500.
To apply for these opportunities and more please visit NAIT Scholarships and Bursaries. Please note: International students are also eligible to apply for any NAIT Scholarship or Bursary that does not explicitly say “Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents only”