When arriving in Canada, you should explore your options for health and dental care. Eligibility, payment and coverage options are very important.
Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan
Government health care insurance in Alberta is free! It is critical that you apply for insurance when you arrive as hospital costs are extremely high.
- International students and their dependants can apply for insurance with the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan (AHCIP) if they plan to remain in Alberta for 12 months or more.
- You should apply for AHCIP within 90 days of arrival in Alberta. If you will reside in Alberta for less than 12 months, you will have to arrange your own health coverage.
- Services provided by AHCIP (Alberta Health and Wellness)
NAITSA Health & Dental - Extended Insurance Coverage
All students who enrolled in a credit program (degree, diploma, or certificate) will automatically receive extended insurance coverage (this is included in your NAIT fees).
Students who do not qualify for extended insurance are :
- Students who are enrolled in the English as a Second Language program
- Students who are enrolled only in online courses
For more information, please visit NAITSA