Suspicious Activity and Crime Reporting
In the event of an emergency always dial 911 first.
The 911 Emergency Line is used to report a life or death situation, a crime in progress, an injury accident, a fire, a call for medical aid and ambulance transport to hospital, or unusual emergency situations. When you dial 911, your call will be answered by an Operator saying "911 Emergency. Police, fire or ambulance?"
At this point, you should ask for
- police, fire or ambulance, then stay on the line and follow their instructions
Do not hang up your phone. Your call will be put through to the Emergency Service that you requested.
Use 911 to call the police if you are reporting
- a crime in progress
- a motor vehicle collision where people are injured
- an impaired driver
- suspicious persons or vehicles
- any incident that may result in loss of life or injury to any person
Be prepared to give the police the following information
- Your address and name.
- The problem and where it is happening.
- Whether anybody is hurt.
- Continue to stay on the line. Do not hang up.
- Keep talking with the police until they say it is okay to hang up.
When reporting calls to NAIT Protective Services
- Remain calm
- State the problem
- Provide your full name and location
- Provide a phone number for call back in case of disconnection. Don't hang up - stay on the line. Only hang up when told to do so by the dispatcher.
This information is vital to our peace officers. Please know that, even though the dispatcher is continuing to gather information from you, officers are already responding to the area to assist. The dispatcher will also be able to determine if other services are required (police, fire, ambulance, etc.).
Major factors in describing suspects
Be prepared to provide a detailed description and answer any questions the communications officer asks, please do not hang up. Landline telephones on NAIT campuses will alert our Control Center if 911 was dialed. If 911 was dialed by mistake, we ask that either you or someone with you contact Protective Services at 780.471.7477 (or simply 7477 from any NAIT landline).