Enactus NAIT (formerly SIFE: Students in Free Enterprise) is a business club that lets students put their education to use through projects that serve Enactus, NAIT and the community. These projects help students develop teamwork, entrepreneurial, financial and business skills.
As Enactus is an international organization, Enactus NAIT members can take part in competitions against other colleges and universities. These projects teach
- market economics
- success skills
- financial literacy
- environmental sustainability
- business ethics
- learn more about Enactus
- learn more about Enactus NAIT
Enactus NAIT is running a business plan challenge competition, in association with novaNAIT and the Youth Technopreneurship Program, for budding entrepreneurs to "hatch" their business idea into a viable business. HATCH is open to full-time or recently graduated NAIT students, between 18 and 35 years of age. The winner will receive $20,000 in seed money to implement their business plan, services from novaNAIT's Duncan McNeill Centre for Innovation, and access to a panel of industry and investment community advisors. Learn more about this exciting challenge and the 2011 winner Adsum Audio.
Business Connex is a student-founded, student-operated campus club that connects students with each other, the community and industry leaders. The club gives students the opportunity to develop soft skills not taught in a classroom environment. Club activities have included
- serving dinner at the Mustard Seed, an inner city facility geared to those in need
- volunteering with Dogs With Wings, which helps puppies socialize on the way to becoming assistance dogs
- hosting an Industry Mingle, where club members network with members of the business community
- learn more about Business Connex