The Accounting Club of NAIT (ACN) represents NAIT students in any accounting program who are interested in networking with other students and industry, or interested in participating in accounting related events. The ACN strives to provide students with opportunities to build upon their personal network and skills required for post-graduation, as well as allow students to attend events for students to develop various skills related to the accounting profession. In the past membership benefits have included:
- Community Income Tax Volunteer Program which gives members the opportunity to prepare tax returns for clients
- Robert Half Resume Review which provides members with the opportunity to have their resume reviewed by professional recruiters to make sure they have a strong resume for job applications
- Seminars related to the various accounting bodies
- E-mails related to various accounting related networking events in Edmonton
The Advertising Club of Edmonton (ACE)
The Advertising Club of Edmonton (ACE) http://adclubedm.com/membership is a vibrant professional organization that actively supports post-secondary students with career interests in advertising, media, public relations and other elements of promotional communicatons. Student memberships are $15 (plus GST) per year directy from ACE.
Enactus NAIT (formerly SIFE: Students in Free Enterprise) is a business club that lets students put their education to use through projects that serve Enactus, NAIT and the community. These projects help students develop teamwork, entrepreneurial, financial and business skills.
As Enactus is an international organization, Enactus NAIT members can take part in competitions against other colleges and universities. These projects teach
- market economics
- success skills
- financial literacy
- environmental sustainability
- business ethics
- learn more about Enactus
- learn more about Enactus NAIT
Enactus NAIT is running a business plan challenge competition, in association with novaNAIT and the Youth Technopreneurship Program, for budding entrepreneurs to "hatch" their business idea into a viable business. HATCH is open to full-time or recently graduated NAIT students, between 18 and 35 years of age. The winner will receive $20,000 in seed money to implement their business plan, services from novaNAIT's Duncan McNeill Centre for Innovation, and access to a panel of industry and investment community advisors. Learn more about this exciting challenge and the 2011 winner Adsum Audio.
Business Connex is a student-founded, student-operated campus club that connects students with each other, the community and industry leaders. The club gives students the opportunity to develop soft skills not taught in a classroom environment. Club activities have included
- serving dinner at the Mustard Seed, an inner city facility geared to those in need
- volunteering with Dogs With Wings, which helps puppies socialize on the way to becoming assistance dogs
- hosting an Industry Mingle, where club members network with members of the business community
- learn more about Business Connex