The JR Shaw School of Business offers a full-time fast-track certificate program in Applied Banking and Business, as well as a post-diploma certificate in Advanced Accounting.
Applied Financial Services
Students interested in a retail finance and banking career should consider the Applied Financial Services program. This program readies graduates for entry-level financial positions in only 9 months.
Students get hands-on training in a simulated bank environment and also complete a 4-week work experience placement. This means graduates of Applied Financial Services have the skills employers need: customer service, sales and referral, communication, entry-level financial service, and entry-level accounting.
Some courses in Applied Financial Services can also be used as credit towards business diploma programs.
This post-diploma certificate program is a targeted for Accounting Diploma graduates who are looking to enhance their credentials. Students in the Advanced Accounting Certificate program will be prepared to write the Chartered Professional Accountants’ (CPA) Advanced Certificate in Accounting and Finance (ACAF) national certification exam.
This 1-year program can be customized for students to study full-time or part-time with a combination of daytime, evening or online course delivery pathways.
Continuing Education Non-Credit Certificate Programs
NAIT's Continuing Education department also offers the following business certificates. Part-time options are available for many of the courses, visit the pages below to learn more about these programs.
- Business Analyst Certificate
- Business Analyst Leadership Certificate
- Business Foundations
- Business Fundamentals
- Business Intelligence and Data Management Certificate
- Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) Certification Programs
- Hotel and Restaurant Supervision Certification
- Lean Six Sigma (Green Belt) Certificate
- Operations Management Certificate
- Process Analyst Certificate
- Project Leadership Certificate
- Project Management Certificate
- Supervisory Communication Skills Certificate