Learn at Your Time and Place
Competing demands on your time along with the challenge and expense of commuting can make pursuing a degree challenging. Online learning can be the answer.
Traditional methods of distance education can feel isolating, and motivation to complete is often a challenge. Learning at a distance doesn't need to feel isolating: NAIT online learning directly connects you to your instructor and fellow students. Feel connected. Join our online learning community.
Professional instructors with a broad range of industry experience and recognized academic credentials actively facilitate every course and are only a phone call or e-mail away…and they know you by name. Your facilitators will provide teaching, guidance, and support as you navigate your online course.
What is eLearning? eLearning is a term used to refer to computer-enhanced learning delivered over the internet. It includes both the technologies and coursework that support and enhance your learning experience. NAIT elearning courses are:
- Paced. Each course has a specific start and end date, with structured due dates for assignments and activities.
- Flexible. eLearning allows you asynchronous access to content, activities, and most assessments during the course.
- Interactive. BBA and BTech courses have a high level of instructor-student and student-student interaction.
- Rigorous. eLearning courses are just as challenging and rigorous as the traditional face-to-face delivery of the same courses...and just as rewarding.
- Diverse. Individual and collaborative (group work) assignments and assessments are utilized.
- Varied. Different modes of synchronous and asynchronous are used to deliver content and activities including webinars, video, audio, text, and interactive multi-media.
NAIT’s eLearning courses reflect our institution’s current education philosophy. This mode of delivery will allow you, as an online student, to experience an activity-based learning environment delivered and supported by our facilitator. This approach embeds best practices in online course delivery and contributes to online student success.
Moodle is NAIT's current asynchronous Learning Management System for delivering baccalaureate courses. With your MyNAIT Portal login, you can access your courses on their start dates at http://moodle.nait.ca/ from virtually anywhere in the world.
Do you have questions about whether online learning is right for you? Please contact us.