About the Simulation Centre
Located in the Centre for Applied Technology (CAT), the Simulation Centre at NAIT combines interdisciplinary education with real-world practical training. Programs in the School of Health and Life Sciences use hands-on simulation exercises with high fidelity manikins and standardized patients as a key part of the student learning experience. The Simulation Centre recreates real life situations in a controlled, safe environment.
Simulation Centre expert staff facilitate an amazing learning experience for students and industry partners. Their expertise and enthusiasm makes the Simulation Centre at NAIT an essential part of our students’ success.
The Simulation Centre features a wide array of immersive simulation learning spaces in 9 specialized theatres. The theatres can be set up to feature the following settings:
- office settings
- hospital wards
- dental rooms
- emergency rooms
- operating rooms
Each hospital standard room also includes headwalls with air, oxygen and suction capabilities to accommodate multiple programs and simulation exercises. The Simulation Centre also has the ability to use removable soundproof walls to stage emergency room situations.
The Simulation Centre features 4 elevated and 5 ground-level control rooms with one-way glass and audio-video recording capabilities, allowing instructors to capture simulations in progress and debrief with their students afterwards.
All control rooms feature multiple one-way microphone systems, which facilitate coaching and in-session instructions to simulated patients.
The Simulation Centre works with and supports the following programs:
- Animal Health Technology (pdf)
- Combined Lab and X-Ray Technology (pdf)
- Dental Assisting Technology (pdf)
- Denturist Technology (pdf)
- Emergency Medical Technician (pdf)
- Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic (pdf)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (pdf)
- Medical Lab Assisting (pdf)
- Medical Laboratory Technology (pdf)
- Medical Radiologic Technology (pdf)
- Personal Fitness Training (pdf)
- Respiratory Therapy (pdf)
- Veterinary Medical Assistant (pdf)