Opticianry involves fitting and supplying eyeglasses and contact lenses. NAIT offers a variety of optical training opportunities at all levels, including:
- Eyeglasses Diploma Program
- Contact Lens Certificate Program
- Refraction Courses
- Ophthalmic Review Courses
- Ophthalmic Assistant Certificate Course
If you already work for a licensed optician and would like to get your own certification, the following e-learning programs include clinical training at work:
- The two-year Eyeglasses Program will give you the knowledge and skills you need to become a licensed optician.
- The one-year Contact Lens Program for licensed opticians will give you the knowledge and skills you need to become licensed to dispense contact lenses.
If you are a contact lens fitter and wish to enrich your professional development and flexibility in the job market, the Refraction Courses give students the opportunity to learn the theory of and methodologies involved in refraction as well as enhance their skill set with hands-on practice in performing ocular assessments.
If you are an optician and want to expand your knowledge or upgrade your skills, the Ophthalmic Review Courses offer a review of major principles and theory.