Emergency Medical Technology
Students in the Emergency Medical Technology – Paramedic (EMT-P) program have a dedicated lab with emergency equipment that includes:
- Cardiac resuscitation equipment such as electrocardiography monitors and defibrillators, and oxygen and carbon dioxide monitors.
- Airway management equipment, which is used in difficult intubation cases.
- A number of mannequins with varying levels of sophistication for:
- intubation and tracheostomy training and practice
- simulation of cardiac, respiratory and other emergencies
- simulations of real-life situations, like resuscitating a child pulled from a swimming pool
The EMT-P program is further rounded out by drawing on the knowledge and equipment of the Respiratory Therapy program.