CRAVE - feel good food
The CRAVE feel good food program is your answer to healthier options at NAIT! Our Registered Dietitian works closely with our eat AT NAIT staff to ensure you have a variety of options to support your healthy eating goals.
All menu items labeled with the CRAVE logo have been analyzed to meet specific nutrition targets which you can review along with the actual recipe so you can see all the ingredients used – and maybe try it out for yourself at home!
The following CRAVE items are currently available:
- CRAVE Wellness Wednesday feature at the Blue Plate (Common Market): each week we will offer a delicious and unique feature that has been analyzed for calories, fat, fibre, sodium and added sugars.
- Daily CRAVE feature at The Corner Store (CAT): every day we will offer a delicious and unique feature that has been analyzed for calories, fat, fibre, sodium and added sugars.
- Green Bowl salads: All salads in the green bowls at the salad bar in the Common Market are prepared using ingredients that are lower in fat, lower in sodium and higher in fibre. They are made with lean meats, whole grains and healthier fats.
- Grab and Go items: look for salads, sandwiches, yogurt parfaits, fruit, veggies, and more in the cooler sections of the eat AT NAIT locations
- Some of our Franchises also have healthier items available! Check the menu boards, look them up online or ask me for suggestions.
- Keeping you informed: Check out Twitter and Instagram for posts and pictures of menu items that we carry in our eat AT NAIT operations that meet the CRAVE criteria.
The program is continually assessed to ensure it meets evidence based nutrition guidelines as well as to meet the needs of the staff and students at NAIT. Feedback and suggestions are always welcome!
Additionally, if you have questions about the healthier options available or need help with specific diet needs, you can the Registered Dietitian who can support you with individual guidance. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org