Services & Amenities
A definite advantage of working for NAIT is the broad range of services and amenities available to you for little or no cost at all.
- Part-time classes - Through Continuing Education, full-time staff can enroll in any class where space is available – you only pay for books and materials.
- Fitness classes - Recreation and Athletics offers a variety of fitness classes that include everything from Bootcamps to Yoga. These classes are offered to staff at a reduced rate.
- Personal trainers - For lower rates than average, you can sign up for sessions with a Certified Personal Trainer.
- Animal Health Clinic - The Animal Health Technology program operates a clinic offering services for cats and dogs under 50 lbs, between five months and five years of age. For an administrative fee, employees can have their pets teeth cleaned, spayed/neutered and vaccinated.
- Dental services - To facilitate hands-on learning, the Dental Assisting and Denturist programs provide services to staff at minimal cost. Some of the services offered are x-rays, teeth cleaning (ages 4 to 21) and dentures.
- Parking - NAIT staff members receive parking on campus for a very reasonable rate. For salaried staff, parking is automatically deducted from each bi-weekly pay while casual staff prepay at the Parking Office.
- Gym membership - Staff receive a free gym membership and have access to all fitness facilities at no cost. Memberships are also available for family members at a reduced rate.
- Fitness facilities - Main Campus facilities include an Olympic-sized swimming pool, arena, indoor and outdoor tracks, weight room, athletic field, large gym, racquetball and squash courts, sauna, spin room, dance studio, gymnasium and equipment sales and rentals.
- Places to eat - NAIT operates six cafeterias throughout the main and satellite campuses with a variety of franchise and in-house options for breakfast, lunch and dinner. In addition, the award-winning Ernest's Dining Room is a great option if you're looking for a fine dining experience showcasing the talent of students enrolled in the Culinary Arts program.
- Food deals - Throughout the year, you can purchase both baked goods and a variety of meats and cuts prepared by students and sold on campus at very reasonable rates.
- shop AT NAIT - shop AT NAIT offers a wide selection of products, including NAIT merchandise, postage stamps, bus tickets and passes, Oilers tickets, greeting cards and snacks.
- Techstore - The Techstore offers a full range of computer hardware and software products. With educational pricing on software, staff can save up to 75% off retail prices.
- Library Services - As a staff member, all you need is your NAIT ID card to borrow books and materials from our library. In addition, you also receive an Alberta Library card that extends your library access to other libraries, including City of Edmonton and the University of Alberta. You can also rent specialty equipment and access a variety of services. High-speed photocopying, full-service printing as well as rentals of digital still and video cameras, 35mm cameras, scanners, computers and other technology are available to help you do your job.