Business, Leadership and Professional Development
What we offer
To help improve your company’s working environment, NAIT Corporate and International Training offers a wide range of workforce training for all staff, from front-line employees to the most seasoned manager. We teach both technical skills and valuable soft skills, from accounting and communication techniques to leadership and supervisory development. Your employees will walk away with strategies they can use in the workplace right away, providing an immediate return on your investment.
These courses provide foundational skills for aspiring leaders and skills enhancement for existing leaders. Click the link to view scheduled Leadership Development courses or call us to inquire about a corporate session for your employees. Professional Development Courses and Workshops
- Leading our way
Lay the foundation by taking this introduction to the NAIT Leadership Development Course – please contact us to see how this course can be customized to meet your organization’s needs.
- Leadership fundamentals
Learn basic theories and practices of leadership, including The Leadership Challenge by Kouzes and Posner.
- Leadership style
Understand your own and others’ leadership styles, as well as how to combine leadership characteristics.
- Strengths-based approach
Increase productivity and employee engagement by applying the StrengthsFinder approach of Clifton and Rath.
- Leadership communication skills
Learn the power of effective communication and apply your new skills in interactive discussions and exercises.
- Leadership communication – Diversity
Create an inclusive work environment by understanding diversity and examining the role of the leader in fostering this environment.
- Coaching for high performance 1
Assess your coaching style and learn new strategies to become a better coach.
- Coaching for high performance 2
Further develop your coaching skills and practice your new skills by coaching one another.
- Effective performance management
Explain the keys to successful performance management and learn the process of continuous feedback.
- Feedback and difficult conversations
Learn techniques for providing constructive feedback in challenging situations.
- Leadership and motivation: People development
How to properly lead and motivate your staff members.
Understand how to properly delegate tasks to save time and money and build employees’ skills and knowledge.
Leading the Team
- Team leadership – Basic
Explore team dynamics and best practices for developing effective teams.
- Enhancing your team leadership
Further develop your team leadership skills and apply your new skills in group activities and practical exercises.
- Enhancing your influence skills
Learn how to use your skills of influence to bring about positive change.
- Conflict essentials for leaders
Apply the Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument (TKI) and practice conflict resolution skills in class.
- Effective change leadership
How to deal with organizational change and change management strategies.
- Building collaborative relationships
Create and foster collaborative relationships with employees, co-workers and other leaders by improving your relational competencies.
Leading the Business
- Planning and organizing
Learn practical tips and tools for staying organized and apply new skills in group discussions and exercises.
- Innovation and strategic implementation
Think more strategically and instill a culture of innovation by changing the status quo and encouraging creativity among your staff.
- Building business acumen – Financial
- Building business acumen – Business planning
Explore negotiation methods and apply your new skills in class exercises.
- Decision making and ethics
Manage competing demands and make effective, ethically sound decisions by understanding the psychology of decision-making.
These courses address current legislative changes, employability gaps, including how to improve your critical thinking, self-leadership, teamwork and problem solving skills.Click the link to view scheduled courses or call us to inquire about a corporate session for your employees. Professional Development Courses and Workshops
- Active Listening
- Advanced Writing Skills
- Building Your Self Esteem and Assertiveness Skills
- Business Etiquette – Gaining That Extra Edge
- Business Writing That Works
- Communication Strategies
- Conflict Resolution – Dealing With Difficult People
- Conquering Your Fear of Speaking in Public
- Creative Thinking and Innovation
- Critical Thinking
- Customer Service Training – Critical Elements of Customer Service
- Emotional Intelligence
- Goal Setting
- Influence and Persuasion
- Managing Pressure and Maintaining Balance
- Networking for Success
- Public Speaking – Speaking Under Pressure
- Research Skills
- Skills for the Administrative Assistant
- The Minute Taker’s Workshop
- Time Management
- Working Smarter – Using Technology to Your Advantage
- Writing Reports and Proposals
- Balanced Scorecard Basics
- Bullying in the Workplace
- Business Ethics for the Office
- Business Process Management
- Crisis Management
- Disability Awareness – Working with People with Disabilities
- Diversity Training – Celebrating Diversity in the Workplace
- Employee Accountability
- Knowledge Management
- Health and Safety
- Purchasing and Procurement Basics
- Safety in the Workplace
- Strategic Planning
- Workplace Ergonomics: Injury Prevention Through Ergonomics
- Workplace Wellness
Supervision & Management
- Accounting Skills for New Supervisors
- Budgets and Managing Money
- Business Leadership – Becoming Management Material
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Conference and Event Management
- Delegation – The Art of Delegating Effectively
- Effective Planning and Scheduling
- Giving Effective Feedback
- Human Resources Training – HR for the Non-HR Manager
- Inventory Management
- Leadership Skills for Supervisors – Communication, Coaching, and Conflict
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Managing Across Cultures
- Managing Difficult Conversations
- Marketing and Sales
- Meeting Management – The Art of Making Meetings Work
- Motivation Training – Motivating Your Workforce
- Negotiating for Results
- Risk Management
- Team Building – Developing High Performance Teams
- The ABCs of Supervising Others
- The Professional Supervisor
- Accounting Skills for New Supervisors
- Anger Management – Understanding Anger
- Appreciative Inquiry
- Building Better Teams
- Business Succession Planning – Developing and Maintaining a Succession Plan
- Change Management – Change and How to Deal With it
- Conducting Effective Performance Reviews
- Conflict Resolution – Getting Along in the Workplace
- Creating a Top-Notch Talent Management Program
- Customer Service Training – Managing Customer Service
- Employee Dispute Resolution – Mediation through Peer Review
- Generation Gap – Closing the Generation Gap in the Workplace
- Hiring for Success – Behavioural Interviewing Techniques
- Onboarding – The Essential Rules for a Successful Onboarding Program
- Orientation Handbook – Getting Employees Off to a Good Start
- Performance Management – Managing Employee Performance
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Stress Management
Sales & Marketing
- Body Language: Reading Body Language as a Sales Tool
- Branding: Creating and Managing Your Corporate Brand
- Building Relationships for Success in Sales
- CRM – An Introduction to Customer Relationship Management
- Call Center Training – Sales and Customer Service Training for Call Center Agents
- Dynamite Sales Presentations
- Overcoming Objections to Nail the Sale
- Prospecting for Leads like a Pro
- Selling Smarter
Clear and concise writing
These courses are designed to improve your written communication skills and teach you basic writing fundamentals.
Level 1 – Basics and Mechanics of Clear Writing
Learn practical strategies to help write clear, direct sentences while avoiding common errors in grammar and usage, as well as simple rules for proper punctuation.
Level 2 – Applications of Clear Writing
Learn 15 plain-English strategies that professional writers use to clear away clutter from their messages, as well as how to spot and correct common blunders in sentence logic.
Business Fundamentals Certificate
This certificate was created to provide participants practical, fundamental skills in a variety of business areas. You can register for each course individually or have a package of courses delivered directly to your workplace.
You will earn a Business Fundamentals Certificate by completing 150 course hours from any combination of courses. You can also choose to specialize in either Supervisory Development or Business Management by completing the applicable core courses. This completion will also qualify the graduate for Blue Seal certification through Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training (AIT).
Becoming a Master Instructor
The objective of the Becoming a Master Instructor (BMI) program is to assist participants in developing a teaching practice. Participants build their presentation skills and confidence in the classroom. There will be an opportunity for participants to interact professionally with other instructional colleagues.
Account Manager – Business
Corporate & International Training