Productivity Enhancement Services Centre
The Productivity Enhancement Services Centre is a one-of-a-kind facility in North America, the first in Canada to link productivity enhancement services with manufacturing solutions. Officially opened on November 29, 2007, the Centre was developed in response to requests from Alberta’s manufacturing industry for ways to reduce operational costs, improve productivity and enhance their competitiveness. The Centre provides industry with exposure to leading edge manufacturing processes and ideas, and the services and support to enable these clients to apply them to their own products and environments.
NAIT offers unbiased, vendor-neutral solutions, and we work with you to develop innovative products or processes needed for your growing business. We offer cutting-edge lab facilities and specialized supportive research for developing, testing and commercializing new technologies. We have a dedicated team of experts with connections to NAIT’s faculty and staff as well as to outside specialists and consultants to help deliver on your projects.
The Productivity Enhancement Services Centre features 10 high-tech laboratories to conduct industry-applied research. These laboratories are furnished with state-of-the-art technology, equipment and software, including
- robotic welding
- 3D laser cutting
- 3D rapid prototyping (plastic and metal)
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM)
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
- CNC machining
- mechanical computer assisted design and drafting (CADD)
- advanced hydraulics and pneumatics
- metrology and inspection labs
- advanced computer applications, including ERP software solutions
- programmable logic control
- an environmental chamber
We also employ leading edge software, including
- the latest in Microsoft Business Solutions software
- Matrikon software that allows for real-time monitoring of equipment, process performance, down time and other system operations
- Dynamics Manufacturing Systems
As part of our services, we provide high-tech classroom and meeting facitilies, including
- 3 "smart" classrooms wired for data projection, network access, VOIP and other technologies
- a 120-person lecture hall
- a 20-person meeting room
Interested in seeing more of the facility?
Select the rooms on the interactive map below.
|B101, B106||Smart Classroom|
|B107, B115||Smart Classroom and Lecture Hall|
|B108, B110||Computer Lab|
|B112||Advanced Manufacturing Lab|
|B114||Advanced Computer Applications Lab|
|B116||Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) Controls Lab|
|B117||Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) Systems Lab|
|B117||3D Rapid Prototyping Printing Services (Plastic)|
|B119||Hydraulics/Pneumatics Lab and Environmental Chamber Services Lab|
|B119A||3D Rapid Prototyping Services (Metal)|
|B119B||Metrology Lab - Machine shop and Oilfield Thread Inspection|
|B119BA||Plastics Testing Lab|
Many of the projects undertaken in the Productivity Enhancement Services Centre support small and medium enterprises in designing, prototyping, testing and bringing new ideas to market. In our state-of-the-art facilities and laboratories, you can test and conduct applied research into process innovation and advanced technologies.
Here are some examples of recent and ongoing projects.
- Rapid development of prototypes for biomedical devices
- Development of an ergonomic chair
- Radio frequency identification tagging to track files
- Radio frequency ID applications in cold chain monitoring
- Use of metrology and inspection labs for testing and calibration needs
- Development of environmentally-friendly engineering polymeric materials
- Development of mechanical prototype for oil field applications
- Finite element analysis of a new picture-frame hanging device
- Design of a new siren
- Prototype of a golf ball washer
- Prototype of a rotating logo for Help TV
- Rotating logo souvenirs
- Fabrication of a rain barrel lid prototype
- Prototypes for automated building panel construction
- Design of a cord saver
Need help determining what technology is right for your organization?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 780.471.7733 or simply fill out the form below and we will be in touch with you shortly.