When Dr. Feltham assumed his role as NAIT’s sixth president and CEO, he made getting to know the institute – its students, faculty, staff and some 200 programs – his first order of business.
To do that, he immersed himself in various programs, and experienced first-hand the real-world education the institute offers. We called this hands-on orientation Project President.
While it’s not a typical introduction to a workplace, it is something he felt he needed to do. Not only did it provide Dr. Feltham an opportunity to learn about all the things that make NAIT great, it provided students, faculty and staff an opportunity to get to know him – and other NAIT programs.
Watch this video to get a sense of the activities that took place as Dr. Feltham visited more than 40 programs over a 9 week period.
Take a closer look at the programs Dr. Feltham visited over the nine weeks of Project President. These weekly updates capture the activites that took place for each program along with photos from every visit.
- Week 1 - Personal Fitness Trainer and Emergency Medical Technology - Paramedic
- Week 2 - Forest Technology, Digital Media & IT, Personal Fitness Trainer progress update and Medical Laboratory Technology
- Week 3 - Welder, Millwork & Carpentry, Hospitality & Culinary Arts, Animal Health Technology and Personal Fitness Trainer progress update
- Week 4 - Petroleum Engineering Technology, Chemical Engineering Technology, Personal Fitness Trainer nutritional consultation and Water & Wastewater Technician
- Week 5 - Dental Assisting, Dental Technology, Auto Body Technician, Sheet Metal Worker and Radio & Television
- Week 6 (Part I) - Crane & Hoisting Equipment Operator - Boom Truck and Mobile Crane, Electrician, Biological Sciences Technology, Ironworker, Boilermaker, and Structural Steel & Plate Fitter
- Week 6 (Part II) - Chemical Technology, Electronics Engineering Technology and Instrumentation Engineering Technology
- Week 7 - Electrical Engineering Technology, Retail Meatcutting, Machinist - Part 1 and Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Week 8 - Respiratory Therapy and Materials Engineering Technology
- Week 9 - Machinist - Part 2 and Medical Laboratory Technology