The LEAD Program is an extra-curricular program that will help you develop as a leader, stand out from your peers, and make a difference at NAIT and in the community.
The program is geared toward students who want to
- Be an aspiring, committed and self-confident leader
- Set themselves apart from others, personally and professionally
- Enhance their employability/enabling skills
- Learn about the events and businesses that are within Edmonton
- Learn how to set goals and priorities
- Make a difference at NAIT and in the community
The program runs from mid-October until mid-March. It consists of 2 levels.
Each level takes 1 academic year to complete, from October to March, and includes classroom and online learning, as well as assignments, project leadership and volunteer requirements.
Assignments, Project Leadership and Volunteering
Assignments, projects and volunteering opportunities will focus on the following categories
- Personal development
- NAIT Campus involvement
- Community involvement
- Leadership skills
Throughout the program, you will work with a mentor who will support your work.
Schedule and Outline
- Learn about all of the requirements in the Program Outline (Aspiring Leader and Evolving Leader)
- Check the class schedule to determine which class session (A or B) fits your schedule. You must be available to attend all the classes from the Session you choose. (Aspiring Leader only).
- Evolving Leader class schedule listed - must be available to attend all the classes scheduled.
LEAD has developed my leadership skills and deeply impacted my personal growth.
LEAD Recipient of Aspiring Leader (Level I) and Evolving Leader (Level II) 2016/2017
BBA, Marketing Graduate 2017