Where it Can Take You
Graduate Information & Opportunities
Become a Certified Journeyman Baker
After completing the Baking certificate program, the graduate may write the Third-Year Apprenticeship Exam for $150.00. An additional 4,500 hours of employment must be completed to become a certified Journeyman Baker.
Graduates may elect to indenture as apprentices in bakeries or other establishments where baking is a major production factor. Once indentured, and after successful completion of the journeyman exam, the graduate can challenge the Interprovincial Red Seal exam once they are in their third period of apprentice hours.
Continuing your studies
Professional Association Courses
Baking graduates have the opportunity to take courses through The Baking Association of Canada.
Further Career Enhancement Courses
Baking graduates have the opportunity to take career enhancement courses at the following institutions:
- Ecole Grégoire Ferrandi, Paris, France
- San Francisco Baking Institute
Advanced Credit Possibilities
The Baking program has articulation agreement opportunities with the following schools:
- BITC Singapore
- SAIT Baking and Pastry Diploma
Baking graduates also have the opportunity to take the following post-certification diploma courses:
- Baking Institute Training Centre
- Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT)
- Please note: Post-secondary articulation agreements within Alberta are approved by the Alberta Council on Admissions and Transfer (ACAT). To view the details of specific agreements, please visit transferalberta.ca or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions regarding transfer agreements or to obtain a course description/outline that is no longer available on our website, please contact email@example.com