About the Program
The Biological Sciences Technology program specializing in Environmental Sciences, is a 2 year diploma program. The first semester is common to all Biological Sciences students, and the remaining 3 semesters are spent learning specifically about Environmental Sciences.
- environmental sampling and monitoring of air, surface water, groundwater and soil
- environmental site assessment
- contaminated sites remediation and reclamation
- hazardous waste identification and management
- environmental legislation
Faculty and students in the School of Applied Sciences and Technology are actively involved in applied research projects, working with industry partners to solve real business challenges.
- Boreal Research Institute - The Boreal Research Institute (BRI) develops scientifically based best practices and applied technologies to address present and emerging knowledge gaps in the management and reclamation of disturbed landscapes. We are committed to enhancing the innovation capacity and competitiveness of our industry partners, and small and medium-sized enterprises, through the timely publication of technical information and ready access to our research expertise and technology.
The BRI regularly hires field assistants to support our team of scientists in field and laboratory operations. Keep an eye on our careers page for new job postings!
Tuition & Fees (Cost per semester)
Cost Per Credit: $180
Tuition Cap: $1,940
Health & Dental: $128
Rec. & Athletics: $70
Books, Supplies & Program Fees (est.)
Semester 1: $2,600
Semester 2: $500
Please note: This information is provided to help you estimate your costs for student financing. Some courses may also have additional expenses. Students who take all of their courses online are exempt from U-Pass, Health & Dental, and Recreation & Athletics fees. All fees are subject to change.
- Grade 12 English
- Pure Math 30 or Math 30-1 or 30-2 or Applied Math 30 or Physics 30
- Chemistry 30
- Biology 30
Competitive Entrance - 65% overall average
View the English Language Proficiency Requirements for the Program: NAIT | English Language Proficiency
Students are required to have their immunization for:
A form will be provided that must be filled out by a healthcare professional (Doctor or Public Health Nurse).
Scholarships & Bursaries
For general application and special selections, ranging from $500 to $5,000, see Scholarships & Bursaries.