Where it Can Take You
Graduates are prepared for employment opportunities in:
- supporting data communication systems
- software development and support
- instrumentation and data acquisition
- process control hardware and software
- sales and support
- embedded system design
- programmable logic design
- database programming
- web development
- Application development
Typical employers are companies involved in software development and installation. For more information on career paths, duties, working conditions, and salaries, visit:
- Alberta Occupational Profiles - Computer Engineering Technologist, Engineering Technologist
- Alberta Wage and Salary Survey - Electronics Engineering Technology (including Computer Engineering)
What successful grads have to say
Says Hugh: "I did my summer co-op with Stream-Flo and continued working part-time there over the fall and winter until my graduation. At that point, I was hired on full-time as a programmer/analyst, where I've been ever since."
Christopher was hired by Stream-Flo immediately after he completed his co-op diploma. Says Christopher, "Things have been going really well. I've even been able to travel with Stream-Flo, which I think is just amazing. Without co-op, I wouldn't be where I am today, which is somewhere pretty cool."
Graduate Information & Opportunities
- Certified Engineering Technologist - After two years of suitable industry work experience, graduates may seek Association of Science and Engineering Technology Professionals of Alberta (ASET) certification to receive the Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) designation and, upon further qualification, the Registered Engineering Technologist (RET) designation.
Continuing your studies
- Bachelor of Technology in Technology Management (BTech-TM) - Graduates of Computer Engineering Technology have the prerequisites for NAIT's BTech-TM Program.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) - Graduates of Computer Engineering Technology have the prerequisites for NAIT's BBA Program.
- Please note: Post-secondary articulation agreements within Alberta are approved by the Alberta Council on Admissions and Transfer (ACAT). To view the details of specific agreements, please visit transferalberta.ca or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions regarding transfer agreements or to obtain a course description/outline that is no longer available on our website, please contact email@example.com