Where it Can Take You
The growing demand for energy provides tremendous opportunity for Chemical Engineering Technology graduates. Initial job placements may include:
- process operators in oilsands upgraders, refineries, petrochemical plants, gas plants, etc.
- operators and technologists in the pipeline industry
- process equipment design and fabrication workers
- technologists in the upstream oil and gas industry (oil companies and oilfield service companies)
Senior technologists may proceed to positions that involve supervising other technologists and engineers as well as positions in senior/executive management within the energy industry.
What successful grads have to say
Says Thea: "I was never worried about not finding a job within my industry after graduation. I worked at the refinery as a summer student between my first and second years and was hired on full-time once I graduated. I'm very hapy to have completed my schooling at NAIT - I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else."
Graduate Information & Opportunities
Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists, and Geophysicists of Alberta (APEGGA)
APEGGA licenses the qualified technologist as a registered professional technologist (RPT), able to practice independently in Alberta within defined scopes.
Certified Engineering Technologist (CET)
This nationally accredited program leads to certification of the graduates as a Certified Engineering Technologist by the constituent associations of the Canadian Coucil of Technicians and Technologists. In Alberta, this is the Association of Science and Engineering Technology Professionals of Alberta (ASET)
Continuing your studies
Bachelor of Technology in Technology Management - NAIT
Completion of this diploma qualifies as the first two years of NAIT's four year Bachelor of Technology in Technology Management Degree.
BSc in Chemical Engineering - Lakehead University
On completion of a bridging program, graduates can also enter the third year of this degree program offered through Lakehead University.
- Please note: Post-secondary articulation agreements within Alberta are approved by the Alberta Council on Admissions and Transfer (ACAT). To view the details of specific agreements, please visit transferalberta.ca or contact email@example.com
- For questions regarding transfer agreements or to obtain a course description/outline that is no longer available on our website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org