Where it Can Take You
Registered Dental Technologist (RDT) and Dental Technicians (DT) are an important part of the dental health care team. Skilled RDT’s and DT’s are required to fill prescriptions for a variety of dental appliances that are requested by general dentists, prosthodontists, orthodontists and denturists. Program graduates are employed in dental laboratories or in private or group dental practices. A Registered Dental Technologist or Dental Technician may own and operate a dental laboratory. Registered Dental Technologists or Technicians, student technicians and on-the-job trained laboratory auxiliaries may work at the laboratory.
Dental Technology graduates must register with the regulatory authority in their provincial jurisdiction in order to work as a dental technologist or technician.
For more information on career paths, duties, working conditions, and salaries, visit:
- Alberta Occupational Profiles - Dental Technologist
- Alberta Wage and Salary Survey - Dental Technologists, Technicians, and Laboratory Bench Workers
Graduate Information & Opportunities
Continuing your studies
Graduates of the NAIT Dental Technology program are eligible for credit toward:
- Bachelor of Technology in Technology Management (BTech-TM), NAIT
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Science - Human Science degree, Athabasca University
- Bachelor of Oral Heath in Dental Technology degree, Griffith University
- Bachelor of Health Sciences degree, Thompson Rivers University
Professional Continuing Education Courses
NAIT offers ongoing Continuing Education courses in order to meet the mandatory continued competency requirement for practising dental technologists and technicians. Dental manufacturers and supply companies also offer courses on new products and procedures as they are introduced.
- Please note: Post-secondary articulation agreements within Alberta are approved by the Alberta Council on Admissions and Transfer (ACAT). To view the details of specific agreements, please visit transferalberta.ca or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions regarding transfer agreements or to obtain a course description/outline that is no longer available on our website, please contact email@example.com