What to Expect
Classroom & Study Hours
Students can expect to spend, on average:
- 27 hours per week in-class experience at NAIT Main Campus as well as 20 - 23 hours of studying and completing class assignments.
CLINICAL PLACEMENT TUITION FEES
Full tuition cap will apply to CYTO2491A, CYTO2491B and CYTO2491C.
Students in the Diagnostic Laboratory programs at NAIT, receive hands-on experience with industry-standard equipment.
Is This Program For You?
The NAIT Cytotechnology program will appeal to those with an interest in cell biology and tumor pathology. To be successful, cytotechnologists must:
- work well in a fast-paced environment
- possess good communication and organizational skills
- work with accuracy and precision
- work efficiently, both independently and in a team environment
- have acquired problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- adapt well to varied and challenging situations
- enjoy microscopic work
Skills you will acquire
- critical thinking
- microscopic cell analysis
- preparation of cytologic specimens
- interpersonal and life skills
- conventional and fluid-based analysis
- gynecologic and nongynecologic cytology
- fine needle aspiration cytology
A wealth of hands-on learning opportunities, practical experience with the equipment and technology used in today's medical facilities, and working with real patients in a controlled teaching environment are cornerstones of programs in NAIT's School of Health and Life Sciences. This means that you'll get both in-depth knowledge and hands-on skills – a combination that gives you a valuable head start in building a strong future.
Learn more about what it's like to be a student in the School of Health and Life Sciences, and how it prepares you for a successful career.
- Alumni profiles – hear what our grads have to say about their NAIT education and how it has contributed to their careers.
- Student profiles – why do students choose NAIT? What's it like to be a student in the Health and Life Sciences programs? Find out from the students themselves.
- Clubs – a NAIT education extends well beyond the classroom. Find out how the Dental Assisting Club is making a real difference in our community.
- Awards and recognition – the quality of our programs and instruction shows! Our students and graduates excel at all levels.
- Video galleries – watch our students at work, see what they do and listen to why they've chosen the School of Health and Life Sciences.
- Photo galleries – get a view of our classrooms, facilities, equipment and laboratories.