Where it Can Take You
Graduates in this program generally find employment in ambulatory and industrial settings and medevac services. As paramedics, they provide basic and advanced prehospital life support to the sick and injured. Other responsibilities include working as part of the health-care team. Additional opportunities may include teaching, administration, marketing and selling equipment, vehicles and medical supplies, public relations and research. Graduates have a high success rate in finding jobs in their chosen field upon completion of provincial registration.
Graduate Information & Opportunities
Alberta College of Paramedics (ACP) provincial certification exam - After successful completion of training, graduates are eligible to write the ACP provincial certification exam. Successful completion and membership in good standing with the ACP is required for employment in Alberta.
Continuing your studies
Graduates of the NAIT Paramedic program are eligible for credit toward:
- Bachelor of Technology in Technology Management (BTech-TM), NAIT
- Bachelor of Science in Human Sciences, Athabasca University
- Bachelor of Health Sciences, Thompson Rivers
- Bachelor of Technology, Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Bachelor of Applied Management, University of New Brunswick
Professional Association Courses
Alberta College of Paramedics (ACP) - offers courses to paramedics.
- Please note: Post-secondary articulation agreements within Alberta are approved by the Alberta Council on Admissions and Transfer (ACAT). To view the details of specific agreements, please visit transferalberta.ca or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions regarding transfer agreements or to obtain a course description/outline that is no longer available on our website, please contact email@example.com