What to Expect
Classroom & Study Hours
Students can expect to spend on average
- 27 hours per week in classes over the course of a semester.
- 20 hours per week studying outside of class time.
The Medical Transcription program has implemented a blended delivery method for some courses. In a blended learning format, you will be expected to attend scheduled face-to-face classes, as well as spend time each week with structured online course materials and interactive activities, which are integral to the course but allow you to complete them at your own pace.
As a student in the School of Health and Life Sciences, see how it prepares you for a successful career.
- Alumni profiles – Hear what our grads have to say about their NAIT education and how it has contributed to their careers.
- Student profiles – Why do students choose NAIT? What's it like to be a student in the Health and Life Sciences programs? Find out from the students themselves.
- Clubs – A NAIT education extends well beyond the classroom. Find out how the Dental Assisting Club is making a real difference in our community.
- Awards and recognition – The quality of our programs and instruction shows! Our students and graduates excel at all levels.
- Video galleries – Watch our students at work, see what they do and listen to why they've chosen the School of Health and Life Sciences.
- Photo galleries – Get a view of our classrooms, facilities, equipment and laboratories.