About the Program
The Bachelor of Applied Information Systems Technology is a 4-year degree based on a 2+2 model.
- Years 1 & 2 - diploma in a related field appropriate to the major concentration of study. See Entrance Requirements for accepted equivalent diplomas.
- Years 3 & 4 - 2 semesters of academic courses in a major area of study and 2 semesters of credit work experience
Students can choose from two major/course streams depending on their area of specialization. The two major streams are Information Systems and Network Management.
Information Systems Major
This major concentrates on the advanced techniques, current methodologies and tools involved in the analysis, design and implementation of large, scalable computer information systems. Graduates of this major will fill career opportunities as senior systems analysts and designers, and project leaders.
Network Management Major
This major involves highly specialized preparation geared toward managing the planning, installation and operations of computer networks in very large enterprises. Graduates of this Major will be prepared for career opportunities as network managers, network engineers and network administrators
Student Intakes/Start Dates
Students wishing to complete the program as a fulltime student should apply for the September intake for their preferred major. Part time students have the option of applying to begin the program in any of the September, January, or May intakes. Internship students needing to reapply to the program can apply into any intake.
Due to the size of the program, not all courses are offered in all semesters. Most courses are only offered in one semester per year.
Tuition & Fees (Cost per semester)
Cost Per Credit: $223
Tuition Cap: $2,085
Health & Dental: $128
Rec. & Athletics: $70
Books, Supplies & Program Fees (est.)
Semester 1: $800
Semester 2: $800
Semester 3: $800
Semester 4: $800
Please note: This information is provided to help you estimate your costs for student financing. Some courses may also have additional expenses. Students who take all of their courses online are exempt from U-Pass, Health & Dental, and Recreation & Athletics fees. All fees are subject to change.
- A minimum of two years education from an accredited institution in an IT-related technology. Minimum GPA of 2.3.
- Verification of skill sets specific to Major concentration of study through the completion of the Program's Career Investigation Report. See the Non-Academic Requirements Section below
- BAIST recognizes many post-secondary institutions' programs. An applicant with a valid 2-year diploma/3-year diploma/degree and minimum GPA will enter into year 3 of the program, pending space availability.
View the English Language Proficiency Requirements for the Program: NAIT | English Language Proficiency
Students must complete one academic year (2 four-month semesters) of mandatory work experience in their related major. Students must have successfully completed eight (8) academic courses prior to registering for their first work experience term.
Contact the Bachelor of Applied Information Systems Technology Internship Co-ordinator to have the planned work experience evaluated.
- Length: 2 four-month semesters (8 months total)
- Type of Experience: directly related to the major area selected.
- Salary: Vary by employer, usually based on student's prior education and experience. Average earnings in 2014 were approximately $30.00 per hour.
- Relocation: Students can complete their work experience anywhere.
Scholarships & Bursaries
For general application and special selections, ranging from $500 to $5,000, see Scholarships & Bursaries.