Updates and information affecting NAIT
The new LRT line coming north to Main Campus will provide students, staff and visitors with a sustainable transportation alternative.
We want to ensure that students, staff and visitors are aware of how NLRT construction will impact them – and know where to find information about construction.
As the City of Edmonton builds the 3.3-kilometre extension northwest from Churchill Station in downtown to new LRT stations at Grant MacEwan University, the Royal Alexandra Hospital (Kingsway Mall) and NAIT, we can expect construction, followed by LRT testing around campus through April 2014.
We understand that construction will create inconveniences in getting to and from Main Campus, and we ask for your continued patience during the construction.
- Construction on 118 Ave May 13 - Sept. 2013 (235K pdf) - May 6, 2013
- NLRT Bulletin: NAIT Parking Lot Closure (213K pdf) - May 3, 2013
- NLRT Spring 2013 Newsletter (340K pdf) - May 1, 2013
- NLRT construction schedule: temporary partial closure of 109 Street begins Saturday (pdf) - April 20, 2013
- NLRT Winter 2012 Newsletter (486K pdf) - Dec. 13, 2012
- NLRT Bulletin: Kingsway Temporary Partial Closure (70K pdf) - Nov.1, 2012
- NLRT Pedestrian Detour Map for Princess Elizabeth Avenue Closure (316K pdf) - August 21, 2012
- NLRT Bulletin: Princess Elizabeth Avenue Pedestrian Access Closures (60K pdf) - July 16, 2012
- NLRT Bulletin: Kingsway Left-Hand Turn Closed (752K pdf) - June 8, 2012
- North LRT to NAIT route map (356K pdf)
- North LRT Fact Sheet (79K pdf)
Throughout construction, we will share updates from the city, including the construction bulletins. For the latest on the NLRT project, including construction timelines and bulletins, visit
- The city’s North LRT to NAIT webpage: www.edmonton.ca/nlrt.
- Visit this page you are currently on (direct URL: www.nait.ca/NLRT)
- Follow us on Twitter
- Become a fan on our Facebook page
Contact the City of Edmonton LRT Projects Info Centre at 780.496.4874 or email@example.com.
- View the City of Edmonton construction schedule (57K pdf) to find out when LRT construction is happening and the impacts it will have.
- Watch the animated video from the City of Edmonton showing the full path and what it will look like
- Look at the map of the new track for the North LRT to NAIT (356K pdf).