Updates and information affecting NAIT
The new LRT line coming north to Main Campus will provide students, staff and visitors with a sustainable transportation alternative.
We want to ensure that students, staff and visitors are aware of how NLRT construction will impact them – and know where to find information about construction.
As the City of Edmonton builds the 3.3-kilometre extension northwest from Churchill Station in downtown to new LRT stations at Grant MacEwan University, the Royal Alexandra Hospital (Kingsway Mall) and NAIT, we can expect construction, followed by LRT testing around campus through April 2014.
We understand that construction will create inconveniences in getting to and from Main Campus, and we ask for your continued patience during the construction.
- NLRT Bulletin: Princess Elizabeth Ave Overnight Lane Closures (1.1MB pdf) - Dec. 5, 2013
- NLRT Bulletin: Official Opening Delayed (76K pdf) - Dec. 4, 2013
- NLRT Monthly Update November/December 2013 (62K pdf) - Dec. 3, 2013
- NLRT Bulletin: Off-Peak Periodic Partial Closures (555K pdf) - Dec. 3, 2013
- NLRT (Metro Line) Bulletin: Kingsway Off-Peak Lane Closures (295K pdf) - Nov. 27, 2013
- NLRT Bulletin: Minor Traffic and Noise Disruptions (196K pdf) - Nov. 21, 2013
- NLRT Fall 2013 Newsletter (205K pdf) - Oct. 17, 2013
- NLRT Bulletin: Testing of Warning Bells and Gates (203K pdf) - June 26, 2013
- NLRT Pedestrian Detour Map for Princess Elizabeth Avenue Closure (316K pdf) - August 21, 2012
- NLRT Bulletin: Princess Elizabeth Avenue Pedestrian Access Closures (60K pdf) - July 16, 2012
- NLRT Bulletin: Kingsway Left-Hand Turn Closed (752K pdf) - June 8, 2012
- North LRT to NAIT route map (356K pdf)
- North LRT Fact Sheet (79K pdf)
Throughout construction, we will share updates from the city, including the construction bulletins. For the latest on the NLRT project, including construction timelines and bulletins, visit
- The city’s North LRT to NAIT webpage: www.edmonton.ca/nlrt.
- Visit this page you are currently on (direct URL: www.nait.ca/NLRT)
- Follow us on Twitter
- Become a fan on our Facebook page
Contact the City of Edmonton LRT Projects Info Centre at 780.496.4874 or email@example.com.
- Watch the animated video from the City of Edmonton showing the full path and what it will look like
- Look at the map of the new track for the North LRT to NAIT (356K pdf).