In order to apply for your apprenticeship you must first find an employer who is willing to hire you as an apprentice. Classroom training cannot start until you are employed.
- Determine whether or not you are eligible for Apprenticeship training – with your employer, complete the Apprenticeship Application and Contract form and send it to an Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training Board to determine whether or not you’re eligible for apprenticeship training.
- Decide when to begin your program – review upcoming start and end dates for your program at tradesecrets.gov.ab.ca/ to determine what works best for you and your employer.
- Complete application form – download and fill out the Apprenticeship Enrollment Form.
- Contact the Registrar’s Office to enroll – applications are accepted by
- Phone: 780.471.6248
- Toll Free: 1.877.333.6248
- Fax: 780.471.8490
- In person or by mail:
Office of the Registrar
Suite 1000, 11762 – 106 Street NW
- Wait for registration confirmation – A formal notice of acceptance will be mailed to you within 10 to 14 days of enrollment. It is your responsibility to share this information with your employer.
Additional information about applying
- Acceptance is on a first come first serve basis – You can be placed on a waiting list if you’re not accepted into the class you’ve applied for, one month prior to the start date.
- Payment – Full payment is required at the time of enrollment. Payments can be made by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Cash, Debit, Cheque, or by Purchase Order.
- Cancellation/Refund Policy – In all cases a minimum fee of $100.00 will be held should you cancel your enrollment prior to the first day of class. After classes start there will be no refund of fees.