Where it Can Take You
Gasfitters have a number of different employment options.
- Utility companies: Gasfitters repair and extend gas mains, and install and repair service pipes and fittings between mains and buildings.
- Mechanical and service companies: Gasfitters install and maintain piping and appliances in residential, commercial and industrial buildings.
- Propane distributors: Gasfitters install and service propane pumping, metering and dispensing equipment, propane vaporizers and temporary heating equipment.
Experienced gasfitters may advance to supervisory positions such as foreman, maintenance manager or service manager, or start their own contracting businesses.
For more information on roles, duties, career paths, salaries and more, visit
- Tradesecrets Trades and Occupations - Gasfitter A
- Tradesecrets Trades and Occupations - Gasfitter B
- Alberta Occupational Profiles
- Alberta Wage and Salary Survey
Gasfitter (A) certification is required to work on appliances exceeding 400,000 British Thermal Units (BTUs).
Graduate Information & Opportunities
Blue Seal Certification
Individuals possessing a valid Alberta Journeyman Certificate, an Alberta Qualification Certificate, an Alberta Occupational Certificate, or a valid recognized credential are eligible to receive a Blue Seal business credential after completing the necessary requirements.
- Please note: Post-secondary articulation agreements within Alberta are approved by the Alberta Council on Admissions and Transfer (ACAT). To view the details of specific agreements, please visit transferalberta.ca or contact email@example.com
- For questions regarding transfer agreements or to obtain a course description/outline that is no longer available on our website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org