What to Expect
The Lather (Interior Systems Mechanic) program follows the current Alberta Apprenticeship Course Outline (pdf) to ensure all students are provided with appropriate training experiences to successfully pass their apprenticeship examinations.
Classroom & Study Hours
Students can expect to spend, on average
- 30 hours per week in classrooms and labs, with about half their time spent in each
Training is provided at
- NAIT's Alberta Park Campus, 16204 116 Avenue NW, Edmonton
Is This Program For You?
Lather (interior systems mechanic) work is very rewarding for those who
- enjoy using skills that require a high degree of accuracy
- are capable of problem solving and creative thinking
- enjoy working at a variety of tasks
To be successful in their trade, lathers need
- good hand-eye coordination
- to be physically fit
- the ability to lift in excess of 25 kilograms
- the ability and willingness to pay careful attention to detail
- the ability to work well with others and independently
The School of Skilled Trades wants our first-year students to become confident in their abilities, get connected to NAIT through groups, peers and staff, be supported personally and academically, get motivated to complete their program and most importantly enjoy the learning environment here at NAIT.
Being an apprentice student is quite different from being a full-time student. Apprentices are in school for short periods of time and some programs are on satellite campuses. Our goal is to improve communication with apprentices on all campuses to ensure you have access to all the services we have to offer at NAIT for you to be successful.
If there is something you are looking for or if you need additional information, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Apprenticeship Information
- Frequently asked questions about NAIT apprenticeship
- Frequently asked questions about the apprenticeship process
Women in Technology and Trades
The Lather (Interior Systems Mechanic) program is supported by Women in Technology and Trades (WITT), an offering of NAIT Student Engagement. The goal of WITT is to ensure that all female students are aware of and prepared for the career opportunities that are available to them in diverse technical fields. Throughout the year, WITT provides networking events, lunch and learns, mentorship opportunities and support services that are available to women in technology and trades programs at NAIT.